That’s a Hat-Trick – CRMT Digital are B2B Marketing Martech Award Winners Three Years in a Row
July 6th, London, and the stage is set for what could be a hat-trick of B2B Marketing Martech Awards for the team at CRMT Digital. The nerves mount as the winners for the first categories are announced, until finally, we’re up – Gold for Best Use of Marketing Automation goes to….
CRMT Digital for a Netflix Inspired Buyer Journey for Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company. Wow! Having only just recovered from the photo opp with the Gold award, we were in shock at our name being called out a second time – this time it was Silver for Martech Agency of the Year. We are so thrilled to have been recognised by B2B Marketing and awarded these accolades and can’t thank our friends at Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company enough for allowing us to tell the story. A story which will be the focus of this article.
What was the brief?
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, has a strong demand-generation function generating thousands of responses a quarter. Historically, these were scored, qualified, and then followed up by telemarketing. The team recognised that many of these “qualified leads” were not ready to engage with telemarketing and were not consuming relevant content on their web site.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company needed to nurture these leads with a distinct personalised approach and deliver relevant content, depending on where they were on their journey, to encourage them to consider their products and services.
In addition, the team discovered that potential customers were finding it difficult to find the information they required on the website. They also recognised that they needed to:
- Consider a better content user experience as responses were mixed depending on how and where content was consumed
- Cater for returning web visitors more effectively
- Maximise keyword conversions by serving relevant content as Organic search drove the most website traffic
- Improve conversion from paid advertising and search via an enhanced content experience
What did we deliver?
CRMT Digital were commissioned to design and build a class-leading “always on” nurturing engine to drive conversion through the sales pipeline by captivating buyers with a “Netflix-like” content experience. The nurture engine needed to:
- Run across EMEA in 5 languages
- Adapt to the buyer’s non-linear journey based on their previous and future activity and content consumption
- Use a highly integrated martech stack that:
- Enabled detailed, real-time measurement
- Captivated buyers with an always-on, “Netflix like” content consumption experience
- Ensured ease of update to enable continuous performance improvement
After some initial discovery work, the following martech stack was agreed for deployment:
- Eloqua: For Workflow and Email
- Folloze: User Experience and Content Hub
- SalesForce: Campaign Attribution, Lead Routing and Management
- Domo: Measurement, reporting and dashboards
- CRMT’s Demand.Center platform: Campaign Hierarchy, Attribution and Cloning
CRMT Digital were responsible for making sure the solution was designed and built with these requirements in mind and that the solution worked, enabling the required reporting for optimisation. The program was delivered in a 12-week timeline consisting of the following key milestones:
- Discovery workshop
- Nurture Design
- Nurture Program Build
- Folloze Board Creation
- Email Creation
- Domo Dashboard Design/Build
How did we measure success?
One of the key challenges the team faced was to design the nurture workflow and the underlying data schema to support the level of measurement and reporting required to assess and optimise nurture entry, exit, stage promotion and acceleration, together with content consumption and engagement.
The team were keen to not only measure when an asset was consumed, but the engagement the buyer had with the asset (time spent reading/watching). Every metric tracked was designed to help the Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company team determine when the right time was for sales to engage potential buyers – and when to hold off.
In working on this program, CRMT Digital overcame the traditional challenges of automating and scaling a buyer journey nurture using a tightly integrated martech stack, coupled with a tenacious focus on ground-up measurement and optimisation. The resulting outcomes are that:
- Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company is now able to route and determine the journey and scoring of an individual or account through the nurture stages, identifying whether it is a net new, competitor or partner and serve up the relevant content and appropriate communication
- The reporting has removed the reliance on Excel spreadsheets and is now real time via Domo dashboards and reports
What were the results?
In its first 11 months the nurture engine has achieved an ROI of over 260% with a seven figure dollar contribution to the sales pipeline. Average velocity through the nurture is 37 days, demonstrating that contacts who are genuinely interested in Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, do not take long to become sales ready when given the relevant information at the right time.
Due to its success, the nurture engine is currently being replicated and deployed in other industry specific nurtures.